Based in Greater Manchester and not banking with an existing Bounce Back Loans Provider?
We can help.
GC Business finance are geared to support SMEs to unlock finance. Alongside the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), we recognise that there's a gap in the market for those businesses who may not already be a client of existing Bounce Back providers.
If you're looking to borrow between £2,000 and £50,000 and based in Greater Manchester then Bounce Back Loans could be for you.
GMCA has allocated a limited £10m fund to specifically support those sole traders, entrepreneurs and business owners struggling to access Bounce Back Loans, choosing GCBF to deliver the service due to their fresh, digitally automated and uncomplicated approach as well as their access to wider business support services through the Growth Company.
We anticipate high demand, supporting applicants on a first come first served basis, and expect the funds to be fully committed relatively quickly at which point the fund will close.
Click here to see if your existing bank is a Bounce Back Loans provider.
Local finance for local businesses.
What is the Bounce Back Loan Scheme?
The Bounce Back Loan Scheme is a government initiative to support small and medium-sized businesses. The government provides lenders with a guarantee for 100% of the loan.
GC Business Finance are supporting Greater Manchester-based businesses.
Note: The guarantee is to the lender, not the borrower. The borrower always remains 100% liable for the debt. You can find out more information on the British Business Bank's website.
- Up to £50,000 loan: Loans will be from £2,000 up to 25% of a business’ turnover or £50,000, whichever is lower.
- 100% guarantee: The scheme provides the lender with a government-backed, full guarantee (100%) against the outstanding facility balance, both capital and interest. The borrower always remains 100% liable for the debt.
- Interest rate: The government has set the interest rate for this facility at 2.5% per annum, meaning businesses will all benefit from the same low rate of interest.
- Interest paid by government for 12 months: The government will make a Business Interruption Payment to the lenders to cover the first 12 months of interest payable, so businesses will benefit from no upfront costs.
- No principal repayments for first 12 months: Borrowers will not have to begin principal repayments for the first 12 months, thereafter capital will be repaid on a straight line basis.
- No guarantee fee for businesses or lenders to access the scheme.
- Finance terms: The length of the loan is for six years but early repayment is allowed, without early repayment fees.
- No personal guarantees: No personal guarantees are allowed, and no recovery action can be taken over a principal private residence or principal private vehicle. No personal guarantees are allowed, and no recovery action can be taken over a principal private residence or principal private vehicle.
Further information on our Bounce Back Loans can be found here.
How to Apply
Our application process is easy. Simply click the 'Apply Now' button below. You'll be redirected to our portal where we'll ask you for a few more details which shouldn't take too much of your time. Once approved, we will arrange for the money to be transferred to you.
You may be eligible if:
- You are a UK resident with a business or registered charity in Greater Manchester
- Your business was established before 1st March 2020
- You can certify your business has been impacted Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- You can certify the business is not in bankruptcy, liquidation or undergoing debt restructuring
- Your business currently trades in Greater Manchester, proof of trading will be required
You may not be eligible if:
- You're a bank, insurer, re-insurer (but not insurance broker); public sector body; further education establishment; grant-funded or state-funded school
- Your business is subject to collections or collective insolvency proceedings
For more information around the Bounce Back Loans Scheme or transferring and existing Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan (CBILs) to a Bounce Back Loan, please visit the British Business Bank website.
The Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS) is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial back of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). British Business Bank plc is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA. Visit british-business-bank.co.uk
Following the Chancellor of the Exchequer’s announcement on 27 April 2020, the Bounce Back Loan Scheme is now open for applications. Delivered by lenders accredited by the British Business Bank for this scheme, Bounce Back Loans target small and micro businesses in all sectors, providing loans from £2k up to 25% of the business’ turnover with a maximum loan of £50k. Providing lenders with a 100% government-backed guarantee and standardising the application form is expected to lead to a faster process with many loans becoming available within days.