Why GC Angels?
GC Angels is an independent investment specialist sat within the largest public fund manager in the UK. Anchored in Manchester and publicly backed, GC Angels responds to the imbalance in the early-stage equity market across Greater Manchester (GM) and the wider North. GC Angels is a leading investor specialising in early stage opportunities, investing directly alongside angel investors, private institutional funding and grant, to unlock innovation capital into start-ups across Greater Manchester and the wider North West.
Our investment ecosystem comprises of over 230 high net worth investors, family offices and venture capital firms seeking early-stage deal flow and our digital platform allow investors to explore opportunities and navigate by stage, sector and location. We build pathways to innovation with our partners model, bringing investment-ready opportunities through our investment platform and sharing risk at a transactional level with our associate investment partners, and providing a blend of finance solutions, innovation support and mentoring, in addition to other scaleup support programmes.
GC Angels generate pre-qualified, quality and diverse deal-flow through close collaboration with regional and local innovation sites such as universities, incubators or accelerators, and co-working spaces
- We specialise in £25k - £2m early-stage investments for early-stage start-ups at critical innovation stage
- 58 deals supported delivering £31.8m in the market with high rates of follow-on funding (over £60m additional raised to date)
- Network of >230 angel and early-stage funding partners collaborating on deals across innovation sites
- 50% of deals we supported were for a business with a female founder receiving 25% of capital
- 20% of our capital and 23% of our deals contribute to Black, Asian, or minority ethnic founders
- GC Angels was the most active seed stage investor 2019 and 2020 in the North West (Beauhurst).
How can GC Angels support you and your business?
GC Angels helps you to find investors and provides expert investment advice to get your business 'investment ready'. They will ensure that you have the necessary plans and presentation skills when pitching your business ideas.
GC Angels can signpost you to further complementary services within the Growth Company should your business benefit from further specialised support, growth programmes or mentoring.
- An equity-based funding solution from £25k up to £2m to start up, expand or scale up your business
- A safe, trusted, established and credible alternative finance option
- Additional support by offering our skills, expertise and experience to help you to achieve your business ambition
- Access to our associate angels for investment into your business and to share the risks involved with you
- Support to become pitch-ready in order to ensure the best possible opportunity in securing investment
- Knowledge sharing
- Referrals to other services within the Growth Company that may benefit your business
Why GC Angels?
GC Angels is a well-established and trusted service. Managed by an authorised and regulated FCA fund manager and driven by equity specialists, we offer ethical equity investment options for your business.
Benefits of GC Angels;
- Support in unlocking significant capital investment from £25k up to £2m
- They will share experience and knowledge with you
- They will facilitate private investment partners, our associate investors as well as investing ourselves
- They increase access to early stage investment – they have driven more than £25.5m of investment into over 30 businesses in recent years
GC Angels is a service of The Enterprise Fund Limited (TEF), Registered address: Lee House 90 Great Bridgewater Street Manchester M1 5JW. Registered in England number: 2443911. VAT Registration Number: 727102071. Company number: 04460763. TEF is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), FRN: 727252. TEF is a subsidiary of The Growth Company Limited.